Heavy Duty Mechanic (310T)
We are currently seeking an experienced Field Service Technician with strong troubleshooting and maintenance skills. Work will be split between in-house duties and technical field work.
Based in Thunder Bay, Taranis has built a solid reputation by providing industry-leading performance to clients in a variety of sectors. We offer a wide range of services including road building, heavy construction, excavation, maintenance and demolition.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, maintain, repair and overhaul vehicles and heavy equipment
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints and drawings
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Diagnose and identify faults and malfunctions using computerized tools and equipment
- Test repairs for proper performance and ensure the work meets manufacturers' specifications and legislated regulations
- Complete service reports
- Estimate parts and labour costs
- Demonstrate a continuous effort to improve operations, reduce turnaround times and streamline work processes
- Work independently and collaboratively with other team members to achieve common objectives
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance
- Complete all duties in accordance with the OHSA and Company health and safety regulations
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested
- * 310T Mechanic Red Seal
- Previous experience working with Caterpillar equipment and hydraulics an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Welding experience would be beneficial
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
WHY JOIN US?:
- Permanent, full time position
- Competitive wages
- Health & dental benefits
- Tool allowance
- New service truck
- Wage based on experience
ANTICIPATED START DATE
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MAY SUBMIT THEIR RESUME VIA
- Mail or In Person – 1473 Rosslyn Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7E 6W1
- Fax - 807.475.5456
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Taranis is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Join the Taranis Team! – Apply today.