Asphalt Plant Operator
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, responsible person to work in our asphalt plant. If you have experience in asphalt plant operations or an equivalent amount of practical experience in other plant-type operations and/or mechanical processes, we want to hear from you.
- Report to and assist the plant supervisor with daily operations and upkeep of the plant
- Follow standard operating procedures and policies to complete assignments
- Perform all duties in accordance with the company health & safety policy
- Provide preventative maintenance to equipment
- Retain and review maintenance logs for necessary repairs
- Effectively communicate with customers, supervisors and other employees
- Perform daily safety inspections, reporting any defects or problems
- Responsible for control room operations
- Other duties as required
- Ability to follow instructions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Must be able to lift up to 9kg (20 lbs)
- Able to stand for extended periods, bend and crouch as required
- Maintain constant awareness of surroundings
- Hard-working, reliable and possess a good work ethic
- Good command of the English language (written & spoken)
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for growth, development and advancement
- This position is full-time, seasonal (April – November)
Anticipated Start Date
Qualified applicants may submit their resume via
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or In Person – 1473 Rosslyn Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7E 6W1
- Fax - 807.475.5456
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Taranis is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.