If you have a minimum of 5 years’ superintendent experience; ideally in a road building environment, we want to hear from you.
Based in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Taranis has built a solid reputation by providing industry-leading performance to clients in a variety of sectors. Taranis offers a wide range of services including road building, heavy construction, excavation, maintenance and demolition.
- Daily on-site monitoring of construction activities, ensuring compliance in accordance with design requirements
- Train and provide outsourced training to asphalt foremen and crew members
- Daily supervise multiple crews
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and efficiency of employees to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and projects are executed effectively and within budget
- Ensure materials and workmanship meet project quality standards
- Calculate the number of trucks required to haul asphalt
- Perform duties and ensure the safety of crew members and the public in accordance with the company health & safety policy
- Participate in site meetings as needed
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts
- Complete daily reports, time and material records and progress reports as required
- Tour job sites to ascertain progress in meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment, ensure slope and material thickness to verify compliance with contracts, assess site preparation to ensure it’s ready for asphalt and to supervise the job
- Construction related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training a/o related experience
- In-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of road building operations an asset
- Advanced knowledge of construction disciplines, scheduling, cost and quality control, safety regulations, engineering drawings and other documents
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work independently in a fast paced, challenging environment, able to multi-task, manage and meet deadlines and adapt easily to change
* Valid Class G driver’s license
* Interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusting relationships
* Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office products
- Competitive compensation package
Anticipated Start Date
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Taranis is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.