Fleet Support Parts Person
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, reliable person with a minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role to work with our fleet of trucks and heavy equipment.
Based in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Taranis has built a solid reputation by providing industry-leading performance to clients in a variety of sectors. Taranis offers a wide range of services including road building, heavy construction, excavation, maintenance and demolition.
- Responsible for obtaining pricing and ordering parts and supplies
- Arrange for shipping or pick up
- Read shop manuals to ascertain type and specifications of parts
- Address questions from mechanics and vendors regarding suitability of parts
- Accurately describe parts/supplies after receiving verbal description, sketch or example
- Help stock new parts on shelves and maintain parts department organization/inventory
- Type and perform light clerical tasks (data entry)
- Verify packing slips for accuracy
- Perform all duties in accordance with the company health & safety regulations
- Report directly to the Fleet Services Manager
- Perform related duties as required
- Strong organizational skills - capable of multitasking
- Work well under pressure - ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate with coworkers, management and vendors to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Analytical skills and competence to assess and resolve problems
- Work well independently
- Technical knowledge and familiarity of automotive parts an asset
- Must be fluent in English – speak, read and write
- Full time employment
Anticipated Start Date
Qualified applicants may submit their resume via
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail or In Person – 1473 Rosslyn Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario P7E 6W1
- Fax - 807.475.5456
We thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Taranis is committed to the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.